PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL/COMPANY INFORMATION?
We use contact details provided through our website contact page, to either respond with the requested information, or provide quotations for our products or services. Should orders be placed, then we then use your details, to provide order confirmations/proforma invoices, to arrange shipment and then for providing you with tax invoices. Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- To personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content of product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order, to serve you better.
- To allow us to improve our service to you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with correspondence, email or phone contact.
- We use the Device Information which we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- your display preferences, such as contrast colour settings or font size
- if you have already replied to a survey pop-up that asks you if the content was helpful or not (so you won't be asked again)
Also, some videos embedded in our pages use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and what videos you visited.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of our site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of our employees who have special access rights to our systems and are required to keep all information confidential at all times.
Furthermore, we implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL/COMPANY INFORMATION
We only share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information which we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications, which we believe may be of particular interest to you. If you do not wish to receive any further marketing communications, then please e-mail: UNSUBSCRIBE to firstname.lastname@example.org
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information which we hold about you, and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order, to fulfil contracts which we might have with you, or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
When you place an order with us, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless, and until you ask us to delete this information.
H.M Machinery UK Ltd
Hesper House, Mersham,
Kent. TN25 6NA.
Last Edited on 23-05-2018